Every Sitter completes a thorough background check, reference check, interview, and certification check.
On average it takes 3 weeks to find a reliable Sitter that matches your family’s needs – Yocura takes care of that before Parents even download the app.
To begin, we request that all Sitters submit a video interview to Sitters@Yocura.com answering our standard interview questions, which include:
- Tell us a bit about yourself.
- What is your child care background?
- Do you have kids, nieces, nephews, siblings or grandchildren?
- How many hours are you wanting to work?
- What is your highest level of education?
- Are you comfortable with:
- Changing diapers or cleaning up bodily fluids?
- Do you currently use illegal drugs?
- Have you ever been convicted of a crime?
- Are you available on short notice (20-30 minutes)?
- Do you have reliable transportation?
- Give an example of an activity you would plan for children.
- What would you do if a child exhibits bad behavior or does not listen?
- In what situations would you call the parent?
- Are you able to perform essential job functions such as:
- Lifting/holding 10-40lbs?
- Standing for long periods of time?
- Walking with children for extended periods of time?
- Have you used another child care service before?
- If so, briefly describe your experience.
- Why do you want to join Yocura?
Note to Sitters: a typical email message limits attachments to 20-25MB. Your camera/phone recording quality and resolution will impact the size of the video. Therefore, we ask that you limit the interview recording to 10 minutes and suggest using your mobile phone to record your video for maximum compatibility.
*You must be 18 years or older to become a sitter on our platform.
Please send your video to Sitters@Yocura.com with your last name, first name, and “Video Interview” in the subject line. (Ex: Subject: Doe, Jane – Video Interview)
Once we have received your video interview, our HR team will review your submission and contact you with additional instructions.
Here are some examples of the video interview process:
Once we have received the interview responses, our team reviews submissions and contacts 3 references the applicant has provided.
If the applicant makes it past the interview and reference checks we continue with the background check process. This process is offered FREE of charge to eligible Sitters and includes:
- Criminal Felony and Misdemeanor Search
- Social Security Number Validation and Trace
- Widescreen plus National Criminal Search
- Motor Vehicle Record Checks
- National Sex Offender Registry
Once a Sitter completes and passes all these phases we verify all certifications.
This rigorous screening process can take up to 7 business days for each Sitter, this ensures that we have the best Sitters available on our app. Our goal is to minimize the time wasted online finding trustworthy Sitters. With Yocura, families can be sure that each Sitter has been properly vetted and background checked before accepting bookings on our app.
With our network of trustworthy Sitters, child care is available around the clock on short notice.